Episode 01-12: Mate & Mate Nuh Fight
Posted On February 5, 2020
This Episode we are talking about non-monogamy and polyamory in music. As always, we would appreciate it if you Rate, Review & Subscribe! Follow us on twitter @monogamishpod and follow us on the web page for detailed show notes
- First we talk about the Dancehall Matey Culture vs Hip Hop as it relates to what the artistes sing about and what is reality and how the general public relates to this music.
- Dancehall: “Me like Mi Mate” by the QUEEN Lady Saw aka Marion Hall
- Hip Hop: “Area Codes” by Ludacris which we have talked about on a previous episode
- THIS IS US SPOILER IS HERE!!!!!!!
- These sorts of things have popped up more in Soca recently
- Blaka Dan – Loyal Side Man
- Leadpipe x Jus-Jay – Sometime
- Here are some other songs that have to do with non-monogamy and polyamory! You decide how you feel about them, we’ve already told you everything about how WE feel –
- South Park: Chef – Simultaneous – This is a parody but the lyrics are still hilarious
- Jay Z/Kanye – No Church In The Wild – has some interesting lyrics. See them here
UsherT-Pain – My Girl Gotta Girlfriend – WHY DID WE KEEP SAYING USHER??? Boo to us! Anyway, see the lyrics
- Rick James – 1, 2, 3 (You, Her, Me) – Everyone knows Rick James was a sex machine. See the lyrics to this song here
- Lonely Island, Lady Gaga & Justin Timberlake – Three Way (The Golden Rule) – It’s not gay if it’s a 3way! Everyone knows that. See lyrics here
- Lou Bega – Mambo No. 5 – now he was really pimping, why did he need so many women?! Lyrics.
- Britney Spears – 3 – she fucking wrote the most bizzare song about 3somes ever according to Bustle. See lyrics here
- Jefferson Bergey – Monogamish – our namesake!
- What other songs do you know about non-monogamy? Tweet us to talk about that shit!
- We rambled a bit at the end. It’s okay. You love us! Xoxo Byeeeeeeeeeeee