Episode 01-23: Call Me Asian (ft. polyamorouswhileasian)
Posted On April 29, 2020
Hey guys! Thanks for rocking with us throughout this quarantine times. We know everyone is going through their own shit and hope to be helping you be entertained during this time.
Tell your friends about us and rate, review and subscribe to us everywhere you get your podcasts. Nuff respect to Anchor for hosting our pod and WordPress for hosting our detailed show notes page.
You can always find us on Twitter and Instagram.
Well…maybe not ALWAYS but more often than not.
This week we were able to interview our Instagram friend Michelle aka polyamorouswhileasian about her journey in polyam and the community in PNW. Jhen ends up taking it on a tangent (as usual) BUT it was a great conversation all around.
Jhen also talks about the online Black Poly Pride Town Hall and Happy Hour she participated in on Saturday and all the dope conversations that were had there. There’s another one this Saturday too so see the link to that here
- Re: The BPP Town Hall? LIT!!!!!!!!! Jhen got to make some great connections, was able to invite some polyam Jamaicans to join in and be thirsty as fuuuuck in the chat. Of course it was also real educational and so she’s looking forward to attending the next one and maybe drag Sham with her.
- Bullet points from the conversation with Michelle that’s mostly in order.
- She/Her pronouns. Bisexual
- She got into the lifestyle at 18 (freshmen in college) and so she’s been in it for 8 years now. The person she was dating gave her Sex at Dawn and well..the rest is history
- Practices Solo Poly and has a wonderful polycule
- Online Dating is the bees knees
- Has had mostly good experiences in the community but some people are dicks
- Isn’t currently actively involved in the PNW polyam community
- The polyam community in PNW is mostly white but while she was active in it, she noticed very little poc representation, especially asians.
- She created her page because she didn’t see a lot of visible asian representation and so she put herself out there to be out and publicly Asian and she’s gotten great dms about it.
- What would she tell baby Michelle? Your feelings are valid, you deserve to take up space and be respected and no one puts baby in a corner (well, Jhen paraphrased it as that but you get us).
- Her favourite polyam term: compersion. Jhen’s is the same and Sham’s is polycule.
- There is a fun Pokemon joke in there!
- What she thinks about Tiger King? “Bracing myself did not help. It was still gross”
- Jhen shares some FUN FACTS ABOUT PIGS EATING PEOPLE (totally related because we KNOW CB fed her husband to those tigers) and the proof is here in this article
- Here is a link to an article about the racist history of Oregon.
That’s all there was folks!
It was such a good talk with Michelle and don’t forget to follow her on Instagram!
We’ll be back next week with…stuff.