Jhen takes over the entire month of November and encourages the discourse on BOOKS in celebration of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). We’re definitely talking to romance authors and other bookish people about non-monogamous representation and kick it off with Katrina Jackson!
You might remember Katrina from Episode 01-09 and Jhen continues that conversation but asks a different question: Why are there not a lot of Black non-monogamous romance novels?
Where can you find our wonderful guest?
Katrina Jackson: Twitter, Instagram
Brandy Bush: Twitter, Instagram
Buy signed copies of Katrina Jackson’s books from her payhip store!
Poly Dallas Millennium 2020 is happening this weekend! (November 6-8, 2020) Jhen is hosting the opening night ceremony on November 6 along with Pages Matam aka Sir Wolfgang. Do you wanna be a part of this amazing 3 day event? Sign up TODAY using THIS LINK.
- We start this episode giving an update about feelings related to the election and Jhen is HELLA honest about what’s going on with her including that she just celebrated a birthday on November 1st!
- Jhen really was embarrassing with the “clicky clicky and get a ticky ticky” LOL. HELLA embarrassing.
- Jhen and Katrina start this conversation off with a BANG talking about Aladdin & how animated movies and series have turned us into monster fuckers. No lies detected honestly and we do have snacks.
- Non-Monogamous and Polyamorous romance novels aren’t really out here in the mainstream and they have a lot of weird politics around men needing a woman to be less gay
- Jhen attributes this book to Nicola Davidson…it was Megan Mulry – Bound To Be A Groom (see the Goodreads thingy here)
- There ARE a lot of assumptions that are made about Black readers and what they do and don’t wanna read, especially when it comes to queer and other “unconventional” relationships.
- There IS a lot of homophobia and transphobia that I personally have seen in some Black indie author’s followings and it absolutely rubs me the wrong way (obvi this is Jhen)
- Katrina drops some BARZ (did I use that right?) about some of the things that take place in the indie space.
- 2020 has really had people out here showing their asses. Honest to Jah.
- There is a highlight of 2020 with this Jack Harbon (he of the perfect nails), Rebekah Weatherspoon & Jodi Slaughter wig competition?
- We segue into talking about Rebekah Weatherspoon’s Beards & Bondage series which is all amazing. Harbor is the final book in that series and it features a polyamorous romance! Black Closed Triad with a wedding at the end.
- Jhen also says some controversial stuff about Black characters having “white people careers” and we unpack that a bit.
- Jhen and Katrina talk about their reading habits and the kinds of books they read
- Jhen talks about Katrina Jackson & Brandy Bush’s polyam books and some of the goodness there.
- Link to the quote Jhen shared from Brandy Bush’s book “The Roommate”
- Passion Jonez did come out as Polyam! Here is the Youtube video
- As always, we come back to Harbor <3
- Jhen gushes quite a lot about Katrina’s stories Neighborly & Room for Three?
- Katrina gives us a sneak peak into Chante as Asif’s story and how they are both pansexual AND polyamorous
- Jhen talks a lot more about why she doesn’t like triads much in romance, etc anymore
- Katrina gives us some insight into how she wrote “Pink Slip”
- Jhen throws Kat completely off and asks for recommendations. It does not bring out a lot of them.
- Jhen has read some of the books she mentioned. She has thoughts that she will not share here…check us out on Patreon for that
Go to altplayground.net today and connect with more sex positive lifestylers from all over the country.
We host this podcast using Anchor and post the 3 most recent episodes on Soundcloud.
You can find us everywhere you get your pods so please look us up and Rate, Review & Subscribe/Follow to keep us .
If you want to support this podcast and get free shit along the way, you should definitely go to our Patreon and get bonus content.
Otherwise, you can throw some money at us via Anchor Support or be buying the amazing merch from the Merch Shop. It’s cuffin season so get those sweatshirts and hoodies ASAP!
Not able to spend any money? We totally understand. Tell a friend about us! RT/Share/Like — all of that goes way further than you think.
You should also be following us on Twitter and Instagram because we really try to engage with everyone there. Sham rules Twitter right now and Jhen is all about the Instagram due to her Canva obsession. We also have a Facebook page! Get at us on your social media platform of choice..
You can also check out our friends at YuhTooBright and use code “Monogamish” for 10% off your order! Check them out today because the clothes are legit!