Episode 03-16: A Rowdy Good Time
Welcome back to the party! On this week’s episode, I give you a brief check in, we talk some news and then dive into our guest and his journey which includes a stop in Sexaholics Anonymous.
Wanna know more about our guest on this episode?
Rowdy (he/him) has been practicing ethical non monogamy for over 10 years and started before he even knew the proper terminology. He encountered kink 5 years ago and has enjoyed dabbling in impact, group play and the educational aspect of BDSM. He has led several groups in the kinky community, all focused on improving the access to these spaces for the POC community. He currently co-leads Black and Kinky DC, which hosts monthly events at The Crucible in DC, as well as happy hours, spades events and holiday parties.
Where can you find Rowdy?
- FetLife: livingmybestlife
- Send a message with any friend requests
Follow Black and Kinky DC on Social Media
- FetLife: Black and Kinky DC
What’s going on in the world?
- The Carnival Cruise Brawl is SOMETHING. Read about it HERE.
- Let’s talk Vabbing I guess? Read more HERE
- Google Sweat Rice, I’m not going to give that away
- What is your favourite gender inclusive name for boyfriend/girlfriend?
What did Rowdy and I even talk about?:
- His path to polyamory was definitely not the smoothest. Serial cheater to polyamorous is a pipeline some people go through though
- I didn’t even know Sexaholics Anonymous was REALLY a real thing and shout out to Rowdy for highlighting this for me
- Not being able to masturbate while in Sexaholics Anonymous is WILD to me though. Just saying
- I figured out that edging thing real fast. I won’t tell you exactly how lol
- Rowdy’s wife is mono & vanilla and he has 2 other partners
- Yes, i am still not experiencing compresion in my friendships, it’s fine
- Rowdy is leading a book club where they are reading More than Two (Yes, he is educated about Franklin Veaux and the problematic behaviour)
- Yep, Rowdy is gonna write a book y’all
- And I did absolutely have to ask that question about why he thinks he attracts mostly monogamous women
- Rowdy is working on compersion in his romantic life and I salute his endeavours
- We talk about Kink: me as a newbie and him as a not so newbie
- Join us at The Crucible on July 28 for a Black and Kinky DC event which includes fire & electroplay! View the event HERE
- I made a Fet & no you don’t get access
- Rowdy talks more about the Kink events he hosts and what he’s trying to do for the POC community
Where can you find Monogamish Pod online
Where can you talk to Jhen (and also send her money to support the pod)
- Did you subscribe to the Monogamish Pod Newsletter? What are you waiting for? Subscribe today at monogamishpod.substack.com and read the 3 amazingly well written issues (if i do say so myself) today.
- Answer the poll questions for the episode on Spotify
Support The Podcast!!!!
- Rate & Review on your favourite podcast app to make it easier for strangers to find the goodness that is Mongamish Pod!
- Apple Podcasts, Podchaser & Spotify are some great places to rate the pod
- Tell a friend & share the episodes – every like counts towards making us more discoverable and puts your friend on to some cool stuff too
- Spend some money on the pod! This allows me to keep creating amazing content while paying for the software and assistance with the transcripts and uploading old episodes to YouTube. And guess what? You can get benefits too!
- Subscribe to Patreon: Bonus episodes, photos, bloopers, blog posts, access to the close friends list and the discord server
- Our Merch Shop: Rep Monogamish Pod everywhere you go with a mug, tote bag, shirt or any of the other amazing offerings in the shop
- Anchor Support: You can support the pod for as low as 99c a month! Watchu waiting for?
Thank you so much for supporting the pod.
Catch you next time with more juicy content.
You must be logged in to post a comment.