Episode 03-18: Paid In Full?
On this week’s episode, Jhen and Chaneè are back together again to discuss their experiences with COVID-19 and ask some hard hitting questions about what content people REALLY want to consume in the Black polyamorous community.
*All feedback from this episode is welcome, feel free to reach out to Jhen & Chaneè via their social media handles or by sending an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Wanna know more about our guest on this episode?
Chaneè Jackson-Kendall (she/her) is a Black polyamorous educator, speaker, activist, and event planner. A 35 year old native Atlantan, she lives in a western suburb of Atlanta with her partners & coparents. She is the proud Mama of the most adorable seven year old in the world. She has openly identified as non-monogamous for over a decade. Chaneè discovered the online polyamorous community in 2012 and has been an active, and often outspoken member ever since. As the owner of several small businesses, she brings an entrepreneurial spirit to everything she does. She is the Co-Founder of the Poly Cultural Diversity Alliance & Black Poly Pride . She is devoted to polyamorous education, outreach, and activism. Chaneè is passionate about normalizing polyamory as a relationship orientation or relationship choice. During the pandemic, the PCDA Team has hosted a series of virtual events entitled “Are Black People Allowed” as an avenue for connecting Black polyamorous people during this time when large scale in-person events remain inaccessible.
Where to find Chaneè:
Chaneè’s previous episodes
- Episode 01-26 with Black Poly Pride cofounder Cheri Calico Roman.
- Episode 03-03: Let’s Talk Hierarchy
Tidbits from the Episode
- Jhen and Chaneè start out by discussing their covid experiences and recovery
- Exciting Announcement: Chaneè is putting on a conference in 2023! More details to come!
- Jhen and Chaneè muse about whether or not it will be safe to gather and travel.
- Key Questions:
- We wanna know what content people actually want to see being made in/around the Black polyamorous community? What content do you find valuable
- What content are you willing to actually pay for? Virtual content only? In person experiences? Hybrid? What is it?
- Do you not pay for polyamorous content at all?
- Why don’t you financially support creators whose work you enjoy for free?
Don’t forget to engage on Spotify with the polls and questions! Find the Spotify link to the podcast HERE
Where can you find Monogamish Pod online
Where can you talk to Jhen (and also send her money to support the pod)
- Did you subscribe to the Monogamish Pod Newsletter? What are you waiting for? Subscribe today at monogamishpod.substack.com and read the amazingly well written issues (if i do say so myself) today. The next issue drops on August 31st!
- Answer the poll questions for the episode on Spotify
Support The Podcast!!!!
- Rate & Review on your favourite podcast app to make it easier for strangers to find the goodness that is Mongamish Pod!
- Apple Podcasts, Podchaser & Spotify are some great places to rate the pod
- Tell a friend & share the episodes – every like counts towards making us more discoverable and puts your friend on to some cool stuff too
- Spend some money on the pod! This allows me to keep creating amazing content while paying for the software and assistance with the transcripts and uploading old episodes to YouTube. And guess what? You can get benefits too!
- Subscribe to Patreon: Bonus episodes, photos, bloopers, blog posts, access to the close friends list and the discord server
- Our Merch Shop: Rep Monogamish Pod everywhere you go with a mug, tote bag, shirt or any of the other amazing offerings in the shop
- Anchor Support: You can support the pod for as low as 99c a month! Watchu waiting for?
That’s all folks.
See you next time
You must be logged in to post a comment.